Saturday, May 7, 2011

La Salsa

You know you're a poor student when you go to happy hour at La Salsa.  But, they've seriously got some great deals going on. Margaritas, buckets of beer, and appetizers, oh my! And a nice patio to enjoy them on.  Happy hour runs Monday-Friday from 4-7 giving you plenty of opportunities to check it out.

The margarita isn't high class.  It comes out of a slushy machine and is slightly neon.  But, it gets the job done for only 3 dollars.  Normally about halfway through drinking, you've sucked out all the tequilla goodness and are left with some form of shaved ice.  But, that's when you move onto the beer!
Sorry for the lone beer in the bucket, the other two were already being consumed.
A bucket of three beers runs for 5 dollars.  They have a nice selection of Mexican beers and of course the prerequisite, bud light.  And let's not forget how cool you feel with a bucket of beer sitting in front of you.  Honestly though, the bucket is really useful by keeping your beer cold in the heat.

Nachos pre-being devoured
We ordered two appetizers, the Nachos (3.50) and the Mexican Pizza (3.95).  They also have tacos, taquitos, and quesadillas all for under 5 dollars during happy hour.   The Nachos were really good and in all honesty, enough for dinner.  They're covered in beans, cheese, and enchilada sauce and topped off with a small scoop of guacamole.  I'm slightly biased because nachos may be my favorite food, but they were pretty darn good.
Mexican Pizza
The Mexican Pizza was gigantic and we took home leftovers.  I think our eyes were a little bigger than our stomachs.  The pizza is a large tortilla with enchilada sauce and cheese topped with onions, peppers, and tomatoes.  I can't say that this was even close to the best thing I've ever had, but for the price and the portion, I could see myself ordering  it again.

My friend and I walked away stuffed to the brim and a little tipsy.  All in all, a successful happy hour that I'm sure will be repeated.

 Overview: 
TIme: Monday-Friday, 4-7 pm.
Specials:  Specials on appetizers, 3 dollar margaritas and 5 dollar buckets of beer.

Rating: 3/5 shots

La Salsa
825 East University Blvd # 181
Tucson, AZ 85719-5063

1 comment:

  1. I never knew they had happy hour at La Salsa. I will check out the slushy margarita...thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete