Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tavolino

I'm sorry loyal followers, I know it's been over a year since I last updated, but I'm back and ready to give you the happening on the happy hour scene. 

I've been lucky enough to visit a few time now, and it really is a phenomenal happy hour.  Tavolino is on the corner of Skyline and Campbell, across the street from La Encantada.  The restaurant has some killer reviews on Yelp, and I can see why.

There's a swanky atmosphere at this restaurant- dim lighting, a nice inside bar, an outside patio area, and attractive waiters.  Happy hour is served in the bar area as well as on the patio.    They have a nice menu of wine (sparkling, white, and red) for 5-6 dollars and beer for 3.  If you're looking for hard alcohol during happy hour this is not the place.

I've had two of the white wines on the menu, the arneis, and the trebbiano di abruzzo.  They were both nice, crisp and refreshing.  I've also had the cocktail with prosecco, aperol, and orange.  It's not your everyday drink, and I really enjoyed it.  It was the right mix of dry and fruity, which is hard to do.



The food menu boasts some great deals, pizza and assorted Italian bar snacks starting at $5, and salads starting at $4.  I love a happy hour where you can get a full meal for cheap, and this is definitely one of them.



I've had the margherita pizza, the farinata, the cheese board, and the arancini.  The pizzas are definitely enough for two, and if you want the most bang for your buck, this is the way to go.  The farinata are garbanzo bean fries, and while the texture takes  a bit to get used to, the truffle oil flavor is delicious.  The cheese board is good, but isn't a large portion, and I wouldn't suggest getting it at happy hour. The arancini are awesome, who ever invented the idea of stuffing mozzarella into balls of risotto was a genius.  It's my favorite dish on the happy hour menu.

Arancini for the win




I suggest checking out Tavolino's happy hour if you haven't already.  Delicious food at great prices, it goes until 7 (2 hours to booze after work), and wine galore.





Overview:
Time: Monday-Saturday from 3 to 7.
Specials:  Discounted wine, beer, and food.

Rating: 5/5 shots

Tavolino
2890 E Skyline Dr  
Tucson, AZ 85718

No comments:

Post a Comment