Friday, June 10, 2011

P.F. Changs

P.F. Chang's offers up cheap drinks and substantial food during their happy hour.  A friend and I aimed to get a full meal and we succeeded easily.  Their happy hour runs from 3-6 pm daily, and accordingly all of their specials are priced between 3 and 6 dollars.
Drink menu




Their drink menu has a wide range of options; beer, wine, sake, and cocktails.  Although, I considered sake or one of their specialty cocktails, it was still early and there was still lots of drinking to be done, so I settled on a beer.  Their import drafts run for 3 dollars during happy hour, when they're normally around 5.  My friend and I both ordered Kirins and were quite happy with our decision. 
 
Kirin Ichiban
Onto the food!  P.F. Chang's advertises dim sum and street fare as their main happy hour selling points.  Thus, lots of different dumplings, fusion tacos, and other miscellaneous appetizers fill the menu.  We stuck to the dim sum menu on this visit.



We ordered two orders of dumplings and lettuce wraps to share.  I've had the lettuce wraps before and they're pretty spectacular.  Judging by the other tables, we weren't the only people who thought so.  In fact, I think they could only sell lettuce wraps and stay in business.  The main portion is pretty large, but there was not enough lettuce.  We spent a good 10 minutes trying to flag someone down to bring us more.  There's a lot of people walking around, they just seem to avoid eye contact causing you to be that rude customer who has to yell to get their attention. 
Do yourself a favor and order the lettuce wraps
The dumplings are not offered on their regular menu, so I was intrigued to try them.  It's rare that a restaurant serves food specifically for happy hour.  We ordered both the pork and vegetable dumplings.  They come three in a serving, in a little steamer tray with dipping sauce on the side.  The dumplings taste better than the ones you can buy in the freezer section, but don't quite reach "dim sum" level.  Still, we were pleased with them. 
Vegetable dumplings

Pork Dumplings
I was definitely satisfied by this happy hour.  It left me both full and content, providing the perfect base for a night of continued drinking.  As always, I wish the happy hour ran until 7, but then maybe they would increase the top price to 7 dollars.  I guess I'll take what I can get.

Overview:
Time: Daily, 3-6 pm
Specials: Drink and food specials all priced between 3 and 6 dollars.

Rating: 4/5 shots

P.F. Chang's
1805 East River Road Suite 100
Tucson, AZ 85718

No comments:

Post a Comment