Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hub Restaurant & Creamery

I was a bit apprehensive going into my Hub visit because I've heard good and bad reviews, mainly regarding the service.  But, if there's anytime to check a place out, it's obviously happy hour.



Happy hour runs from daily from 11 am to 6 pm, and they've recently started doing a reverse happy hour from Sunday-Wednesday from 10 pm to close.  Though, I'm pretty sure the reverse happy hour is only a summer deal, and the specials are a bit different than their regular happy hour.

Hub has drink specials during happy hour, but none on food.  At the time of the review, draft beer is 3 dollars, and draft wine is 5 dollar.  I noticed that Hub has since raised its prices to 3.5 dollars for beer and 6 dollars for wine.


The drink menu has a wide selection of both beer and wine, which is pretty exciting.  On our visit I ordered a Red Nectar ale, while my friends opted for the chardonnay.
Red Nectar for 3 dollars.  Yes, please.
Draft chardonnay.
The downside to the happy hour is that they don't offer food.  However, they have a few appetizers, wings and fries covered with various toppings for around 6 dollars.  They also have macaroni and cheese for 5 dollars.  So, I guess if you want to get a cheap meal, you can.  Be aware that their actual entrees are about 15 dollars on average. 

While I wish there were specials on their delicious specialty cocktails and food, Hub is a pretty good place to get cheap beer or wine in the downtown area.

Overview:  
Time: 11 am- 6 pm daily.
Specials: 3.5 dollar draft beer & 6 dollar draft wine.


Rating: 3/5 shots

Hub Restaurant and Creamery
266 East Congress Street
Tucson, AZ 85701

No comments:

Post a Comment